Join Our Team
Interested in joining the RP Team? Our employees share a passion for customer care, an attention to detail, and an ongoing desire to inspire and help dancers reach their goals and dreams. Our ethos is collaborative; fast-paced and results-oriented; forward-thinking and creative; and genuinely concerned with the needs and preferences of our clientele.
Our mission is to provide elegant dance products and inspire dancers to lead extraordinary lives.
Interested in joining our team?
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Outside Sales Specialist
Each Outside Sales Specialist will maintain and develop relationships with clientele in his or her territory; promote existing and new products; collaborate with Russian Pointe departments including marketing and product development; attend and help coordinate marketing events and activities; and adhere to the company’s goals, objectives and ethos.
The position will be based in our Chicago, corporate office, with travel as needed to primarily the United States.
Outside Sales Specialists receive salary plus benefits, and opportunities for professional growth in a highly successful, growing company.
The Outside Sales Specialist, will be highly motivated and responsible; eager to consider the company’s success as his or her own; genuinely interested in people and in the company’s products; polite, poised, creative and articulate; and a current or former dancer with previous sales experience.
Responsibilities and Goals:
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing wholesale accounts.
- Develop new accounts: prospect and qualify those accounts based on location, sales potential and growth.
- Create and maintain relationships with all levels of clientele, including dance schools, dance companies and individual dancers, as well as dancewear stores.
- Provide product training to accounts in territory, during regular contact and hosting trunk shows and seminars.
- Represent the company at trade shows, dance competitions and other events.
- Participate actively in the company’s goals and objectives, through collaboration with other team members and departments.
- Continually analyze market trends to identify opportunities to increase market share.
- Develop and maintain database of qualified leads, through referral, telephone canvassing, in-person cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking within existing client base.
- Source, coordinate and participate in or solely conduct marketing events such as retailer visits, trade shows, trunk shows and seminars.
- Prepare status reports, presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Regularly travel within territory, including coordination of travel and client visits.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience
- Dance experience (REQUIRED), with experience in or strong knowledge of pointework and/or pointe shoes (strongly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (REQUIRED)
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Poised, polite and professional attitude and self-presentation, with demonstrated ability to carry on a pleasant and results-oriented business conversation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Excellence in team work, plus proven capability to think creatively, take initiative and work independently
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For your cover letter, we’re most interested to know why you want to join RP, and any relevant skills for the position.
The preceding job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities of the role and RP Group International reserves the right to modify this role at its discretion.
RP Group International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.